The second largest country in the world, Canada covers the entire northern part of the North American continent, with the exception of Alaska. It is a bilingual nation with both English and French as official languages at the federal level.
Canada is deserved of its reputation for magnificent scenery, cleanliness, plentiful wildlife, peace, diversity and vast spaces. Toronto is the largest city and commercial hub whereas Ottawa is the capital of Canada.
Climate and weather in Canada
Canada’s climate is not as cold all year around as some may believe. In winters, temperatures fall below freezing point throughout most of Canada. But the south-western coast has a relatively mild climate. Along the Arctic Circle, mean temperatures are below freezing for seven months a year.
During the summer months the southern provinces often experience high levels of humidity and temperatures that can surpass 30 degrees Celsius regularly. Western and south-eastern Canada experience high rainfall.
Why Study in Canada?
Every year, over 150,000 international students travel to Canada to pursue higher studies. Added to it is Canada’s quality education and working opportunities which are unlike many of the other overseas education destinations. Also, the Canadian Universities and colleges are known for their comparatively lower fees. Moreover, international students have the option to work while studying and can eventually apply for permanent residency. The Indian community has a strong presence in Canada and the relatively easy immigration process adds to it. As per the study by the US News & World Report in association with Y&R’s BAV and Wharton, Canada has been named the third best country in the world for education and first in quality of life.
- It offers you an opportunity to be a part of one of the best educational systems in the world
- Its multicultural cosmopolitan attitude makes it a wonderful destination for foreign students
- Degrees you receive are internationally recognized
- You can opt from diverse range of courses offered, from marine biology to accountancy, to aviation
- A safe, stable country that has an excellent health care system
- The cost of education and cost of living are relatively low, adding Canadian education system an extra value
- The country is an international leader in computer and information technology and has a reputation of excellence in sectors like telecommunications, transportation and engineering.
- Niagara Falls
- Quebec City