UK life is an incredible mix of international cultures and contemporary thinking, held together by a strong sense of identity and tradition. Study in the UK and you’ll find an array of exciting experiences to discover – music, celebrations, accents, people to meet, places to visit – the list is endless. As the UK is such a cosmopolitan society you’ll find that many UK customs are already familiar to you – so you’ll settle in faster than you think.
The UK is bursting with energy and has a fascinating heritage ready to explore. As an international student you’ll fit straight into the UK’s multicultural society, ready to enjoy a student life full of excitement, fun and creativity. The official language in UK is English.
There are plenty of options for travelling in the UK. Whether you’ve just arrived or you’re ready to start exploring, the UK transport network will take you from the largest cities to the smallest villages. You can travel by train, bus, taxi or bicycle throughout the UK – with plenty of discounts available to international students.
Climate and weather in UK
In UK, many types of weather can be experienced in a single day. Spring is the period from March to May. Spring is generally a calm, cool and dry season. Summer lasts from June to August and is the hottest season. Winter in the UK is defined as lasting from December to February. The season is generally cool, wet and windy. Snow in the UK falls almost every year but in small quantities.
Why study in United Kingdom?
Universities & colleges in the UK are ranked best for their academic excellence and reputation among employers across the globe. Undoubtedly, it has to do everything with the age-old tradition of education and the heritage value of the country as a hotspot of knowledge, culture and success. Degrees from the top UK universities also open up innumerable career options and it is one of the reasons why it is one of the most popular overseas education destinations among international students. Added to it are the facts that the teaching faculties and the methods nurture the creative traits of the students and prepare them for the real-world.
United Kingdom is fast emerging as one of the most popular destinations for studies. Some of the education benefits of study in UK are:
- Most of the universities have no application fee
- UK postgraduate qualification is reputed and valued all over the world
- Plenty of options for earning while learning which means you can reduce financial stresses
- Comparatively less cost of studies. UK postgraduate studies offer value for money. In fact, some of the postgraduate courses offered are cheaper than studies in countries like India
- Medical assistance is free. Overall medical cost is significantly lower when compared to Australia or USA
- No GRE, GAMT, SAT requirements! But IELTS or TOFEL score is needed
There are popular tourist attractions and places of interest throughout Great Britain including many castles, museums, art galleries, stately homes, royal palaces, zoos, gardens and theme parks in London, England, Scotland and Wales. Some of them are as follows: –
Amusement & Theme Parks
• Alton Towers Theme Park • Thorpe Park • London Eye
Castles, Palaces & Stately Homes
• Buckingham Palace • Hampton Court Palace • Tower of London • Windsor Castle
Zoos, Parks, Gardens & Safari Parks
• London Zoo • Chester Zoo • Flamingo Land • Regent’s Park • Kew Gardens
Museums & Galleries
• London Science Museum • National Gallery • British Museum • Natural History Museum • Tate Modern Art Gallery
Churches, Cathedrals & Abbeys
• Westminster Abbey • St. Paul’s Cathedral • Canterbury Cathedral
• Woburn Abbey & Safari Park
Landmarks & Historic Sites
• Houses of Parliament & Big Ben • Stonehenge • Royal Albert Hall • Tower Bridge Exhibition
• Harrods • The Globe Theatre • British Library • Camden Market